this is the starting point of the next four years: i expect some sort of personal growth, i expect this blog thing could facilitate that growth, and i expect some actual point to this bloggery to present itself in due time. in the meantime, read on!

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The NyQuillian Effects of Studying

It's like clockwork... once I happen to reach 500 words read, the narcolepsy kicks in and it's good riddance to productivity. Is there any way to overcome this apparently inevitable resistance to knowledge-building processes? It seems I am programmed to permanent lethargy. Also, must stop ordering food all the time at ungodly hours of the night: MSG does not satisfy! The meal card is at an all-time low, will soon devise plans to attain free food from another source (note to self: parents are alternate renewable resources). I'm also in a less-than fantastic mood today, and so is mother Nature-- which may explain how she tried eating my hands off with sub-zero temperatures. Also, must figure out way to stop fighting for no reason and start boom-booming for no reason. Will explain the derivative meaning of boom-boom in due time. Over and out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For someone with trouble with the "knowledge-building process" you have created some rather awesome sentences - using all SORTS of long words! But it's not the just the length of the words - even though that's mostly what I care about - it's your style.

I like your "diction" - choice of words to convey tone and meaning.

"I am programmed to permanent lethargy."

But, enough of that lit analysis. Forgive me, I was just at lit class.
--

I know how you feel - and isn't that what we all want? I know it's what I want, and why I would write a blog like you're doing. Sometimes I think that people inherently are pretty much like me, and know what I'm thinking. Sometimes I think I have to work to show them what I'm thinking. Maybe it's my mood, but right now I'm edging towards the latter. If that's the case, you're well on your way convaying yourself to the world.

;) See you in MIT.

January 20, 2005 at 2:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home